While organizations across the globe are starting to publicly address social injustice and discriminatory issues as they pertain to their company, it’s important to remember to communicate not just externally, but internally as well. Employees are waiting to see how their leaders will react and looking for them to be strong advocates for change within the company. While some companies are further along in improving their Diversity & Inclusion, no one is perfect and we can all learn how to do more and be better.
See a list of helpful resources below for improving Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace. And remember the importance of keeping D&I communications authentic and avoid over-claiming. (For more on that read our Best Practices sheet).
This is just a small sample of the ample assets available online, we encourage you to continue exploring and learning.
- CEO Action For Diversity & Inclusion
- The largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Resources include: materials, videos, educational quizzes and best practices from other companies around the world.
- LinkedIn News
- Business Unusual: Episode 55 – Building equitable workplaces
- A conversation on what companies should do to make workplaces more inclusive.
- YWCA Social Justice Glossary
- A shared language glossary to help us see how words that have different meanings are used interchangeably, which adds to the dysfunction of race relations and dialogue.
- MSW at USC Diversity Toolkit
- A guide to discussing identity, power and privilege with ice breakers, activities, discussion topics and more.
- Social Chorus
- 15 Ways to Improve Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.
Interested in creating diversity and inclusion communications? Tribe can help.